Friday, April 12, 2013

April

Here's a few stray pictures that didn't make it into the Skaha blog post. The first is at Tickleberry's, a legendary ice cream shop in Okanagan Falls. The remainder are from Easter morning at Casey and Brenda's house. Elise got a set of blueprints that showed where each egg was hidden. The bunny has gone high tech!





This is the letter that Elise wrote to the Easter Bunny. I believe it says, "Dear Easter Bunny, I'm here visiting. I hope you will find me. PS - Please leave me a basket". Click on the image to enlarge it...


Last weekend was Elise's final day of ski school. She had a great time and ate LOTS of treats. Her instructor, Josh, gave her chocolate, there was a cake party in the afternoon and I bought her a treat at the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory in Whistler for a good year of skiing. I carpooled with our friend Jen Wild and her son Erik - the kids had a great time together. We'll probably try to squeeze in a couple more days of skiing before the season ends. Whistler Blackcomb has extended closing to the end of May, so there's over a month left.



Finally, say hello to our new (used) baby. It's a 2006 Toyota Tacoma access cab 4X4. We've been looking for a truck for a couple of months and finally found a used one at the local Toyota dealer. I researched makes and models and this one bubbled to the top in terms of reliability, performance and safety. I'm working on a hiking guide to the Squamish corridor and this vehicle will get us where we need to go. It should be a good summer of new hiking and camping adventures!


No comments:

Post a Comment